1 day course (8 hours):
Fathom Academy's Operations course provides minimum capabilities for “first on scene” units, providing information on how these individuals should react at a technical rescue incident.
Typically, first responders trained at the operations level do not get in the water, but Fathom Academy's students will be trained in extraction and self-rescue in addition to the typical operations level skills.
- Certified first responder
- Wetsuit is required (3mm).
Operations course includes:
- Introduction to NFPA 1006, 1670, and 1983
- Incident Command Basics
- Pre-planning and Site Survey for a flood incident
- Conducting a Scene Size-up
- Understanding of basic hydrology
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Search and Rescue
- Shore-based Rescue (onsite)
- Ropes & Lines (onsite)
- Aircraft and Watercraft support (onsite)
- Urban SAR (onsite)
- Incident Termination (onsite)
- Defensive and aggressive swimming techniques (onsite)